Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First Post

I love making candy!  As I said on the main description, I've been doing this for 30 years or so...  Before I was married, where I worked, one of my responsibilities was making "Million Dollar Fudge" and "Pecan Pralines".  When I got married, I asked my Mom for her "Butter Almond Toffee" recipe that she would make for Christmas every year.  Now I could finally have all I wanted!  This is definitely my most favorite!!


I made Fudge for many fundraisers.  I just made Toffee at Christmas because it was a bit more involved.  It seemed like every year someone mentioned that I should sell the candy.


This year, as I was considering beginning this venture, I decided to do some more experimenting, so I asked my Mom,  Aunt and Sister for recipes that they would recommend.  I made "Creamy Caramels" with pecans for the first time this year.  This has quickly become a favorite of anyone who has tasted them.  I will be adding some more recipes to my repertoire in the near future.  Some are recipes from my Grandmother and even my Great Grandmother.


I don't want to limit myself to only making candy.  I LOVE to bake too, so I'll probably have some baked goods available soon as well.


My e-mail is dianastoffeehaus@gmail.com.  I am also developing a website which will be going up shortly.  www.dianastoffeehaus.com


Be sure to check in for future updates!


Diana

4 comments:

  1. Well hallelujah ! Let me be the first to say thank you! And may I also add a testimonial...this butter toffee is so good we were all fighting over it and literally licked the crumbs out of the container.
    So excited for you
    Borrow
    Ps
    The fudge is the best too, but the toffe - definitely worth fighting over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The caramels melt in your mouth and are so smooth and creamy...mmmm, the toffee is to die for, and the fudge is the best I have ever eaten anywhere!
    Glad you are venturing out and taking on sharing these wonderful treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Di, I didn't know you had this hidden gift and talent. What a great venture. I pray multiplied blessings on it. Would love to try some of that butter toffee...I love toffee but don't think it's part of the diet :O) Will be looking for the website to place my first order. Love ya dear sister.

    ReplyDelete